a beginning of an awesome adventure!

a beginning of an awesome adventure!

Monday, May 28, 2007

What is everyone up to?

In general.
After reading eugenes post, i realize that most of us have really grown apart from each other. I'm not sure where some of you are, what you kids do for a living.. stuff that friends should know about each other. And i constantly find myself annoyed that i cannot "stay connected" well enough to all of you.

So in an effort not to grow any further apart from you all- this is a quick brief of what i am up to (for those of you who dont already know).

I graduated 2 years ago(may 2005), from the university of Minnesota in mechanical engineering. Got an awesome job immediately after, and i think i'll do this for a good long while.
I work as a product engineer and designer, making recreational products primarily for people with disabilities. (www.blueskydesigns.us) - i am proud of and believe in what i do. I just got a raise last year, so make enough money to live quite comfortably.
In my spare time, i typically read, rock climb and go muay thai kickboxing. I like to cycle a lot. and i've also been taking a lot of outdoor climbing trips.
Weekends, i hit the bars with friends. (i stopped clubbing/raving) - sometimes even salsa dancing .
I think my local (minneapolis/st.paul) radio station is the best radio station in the world, and i try to make it out to more local shows than big arena ones. i dont know much about popular music nowadays, but i tend to seek out underground hip hop, rock and electronica.
I am also taken. (hehehe)

So thats me.
I hope to hear something of the same from all of you.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Let's see...

Graduated August 2006 from the University of Malaya in Environmental Science and Management.

Currently working at the Malaysian University Consortium for Environment & Development (MUCED) and is a Member of Environmental Protection Society Malaysia (EPSM), Muslim Professionals Forum (MPF) and Young Muslims Project (YMP).

Hopefully in September 2007 I'll begin working with the Education for Sustainable Development for Malaysian Secondary Schools (ESD-MASS) Programme which will be a UNESCO-Ministry of Education programme.

Will also start working on the up-coming Foundation for Orang Asli. I'm one of the three people in charge of forming the Foundation, as well as the ESD-MASS programme. Both programmes will be National Programmes (i.e. the whole of Malaysia) (i.e. no life) (i.e. but good salary!)

In my spare time...if any...i read, go to the movies, and am currently trying to master the art of gaining weight using positive thinking!

Weekends are currently filled with the SLiM meetings (http://www.muced.um.edu.my/slim.htm) as well as the bi-monthly Young Muslims Project (YMP) get-together.

I've not been taken. UM girls suck! am waiting to go to Europe for my Masters and will start looking then. besides, Malaysia is seriously lacking in tall ladies :p

V|vac|ous said...

What a long comment ! I used to rock climb competetively and I used to rave as well. Stopped after making it to Ibiza. But you never know been wanting to go back.
Nice write up.

lick knee. said...

rock climb competitively? speed, sport, sport lead, boulder? elaborate?

V|vac|ous said...

Dificulty. Used to take part in Nutrimalt and rakan muda climbs perhaps 5 yrs ago. Btw during this Bouldering competition this girl fell way pass the matress and her ankle bone was jutting out and her leg was hanging loose.... erkkksss to top it all she was from Singapore. xoxo The Lioness in the Wilderness

we'll roarsss ur socks off!!! AUUUUmmmmmm