Malaysia Today, via Raja Petra Raja Kamarudin, will be sending a Peoples' Petition to His Highness The Yang di-Pertuan Agong. Some of the issues which are of concern to the Malaysian people are:
1) The recent shooting of two people in Kuala Terengganu.
2) The reported gang clashes in Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Johore over the 50th Merdeka celebration holiday that resulted in a few deaths.
3) The Auditor-General’s report that revealed gross and blatant abuses and transgressions in the management of the peoples’ money involving billions of Ringgit.
4) The state of affairs in the Royal Malaysian Police where even the former IGP Tun Hanif Omar admitted that corruption is a serious problem.
5) The state of affairs in the judiciary where senior judges have been bypassed in many promotion exercises in favour of candidates with blemished records.
6) The breakdown of law and order and allegations by serving police officers, who have signed Statutory Declarations or Affidavits, that the organised crime syndicate is running the police force.
7) The dangerous and alarming racial and religious divide.
8) Abdullah Ahmad Badawi’s implication in the Oil-for Food scandal.
9) The need for electoral reforms as proven by the incidences of gerrymandering and phantom voters in the many general elections before this and which will continue and prevail in the next general election.
Our concern is not confined to just these nine issues above but suffice that these nine demonstrate the urgent need for this petition. The actual text of the petition will be properly worded to meet the protocol requirements of a letter that is addressed to The Agong but the spirit of the petition will encompass the above.
How to sign?
Just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message "Signed" and your full name.
Mohamad Shah Andrew bin Ibrahim